Monday, January 17, 2011

1/17/2011

We have now been at our new home state for 3 weeks.We should be moving into our new(new to us) house by the end of next month.This is a beautiful area of the Midwest.The sun shines quite often here. It is almost unusual after living in Alaska the past 4 years with so much darkness in the wintertime.
Our things finally arrived yesterday from Alaska. My Kitchenaid mixer is here now so my dh is wanting me to bake chocolate chip cookies.They do sound good but I'll try not to eat many since I am trying to lose weight.I just began T-Tapping last week and am looking forward to taking off the inches and weight.My goal this year is to lose 90 lbs.,fix and eat healthier meals and snacks, and become more active.
Today, our baby turned 21 mo. old and I am still hanging onto this weight.Almost 2 years now!
My dh has been heavily hinting about having another baby but I said I just do not want to get pg while weighing this much knowing that I will gain much more.I feel bad about it but I am very out of shape and was borderline gestational diabetic with my last pregnancy. Our last baby was almost 9lbs. and 22" long.I don't know if this had anything to do with his size or not.
I am also having trouble finding modest,affordable clothes in the plus sizes.Any recommendations?
Our oldest is off at Bible college.He wants to be a youth pastor.He has been there a week now.It sounds like he is enjoying it.I am planning to send him a care/birthday package in March. Any ideas?
For our middle two kids, we are going to be using K-12.This isn't exactly MY idea of homeschooling but I feel we need a little more structure at this time.Do any of you use this program? Do you like it?
For those interested here is the link to t-tapp: http://www.ttapp.com/

and the cookie recipe:

2/3 C. shortening
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1t. vanilla
1 1/2C. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 pkg. chocolate chips(I recentlyused half semi-sweet chocolate chips and half chocolate chunks and they were wonderful)
Mix together shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Mix well.
Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE and these will be perfect!
This recipe can be easily doubled.

Have a blessed day and I hope you enjoy the cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment